The admission process for each patient works in three stages:
- Before Admission
- During Admission
- After Admission
This is the initial stage where you, as a patient, begin your stay at Padmaja Hospital. The steps mentioned will help each patient to make his/her stay comfortable in the hospital:
- Patients are requested to contact the admission counter and provide them with the details e.g. Date of Admission, Treating doctor, and Preference class of accommodation.
- Patients need to have the reference letter of the doctor or CMO's recommendation letter to facilitate an admission.
- Pregnant patients are requested to register at least 60 days before the expected date of delivery. Normal delivery cases are requested to pay deposit amount.
- We will call you to confirm your admission on the day of admission. On the date of admission an intimation call will be made and in case it is not received you are requested to confirm with the admission counter.
We accept cash/DD or debit cards/ Credit cards of all major banks.
- Patients are requested to come at the appointed time or at least notify in case of delay.
- Patients of foreign origin are expected to submit their passports/PIO cards failing which the admission of the patients may be denied.
- Patients are requested to pay the deposit amount as soon as possible in case of emergency. The amount depends on the accommodated chosen by the patient.
- The charge of the bed is billed at the end of each day. Check in time is flexible. Charges will be applicable.
- Day care patient will be kept under observation for a maximum of 8 hrs, after which he will either be admitted as regular patient or discharged.
- Transfers of the class will be based on the availability only.
- When you move upgrade to a higher class the billing will be done as per the higher class from day one.
- In case of down grade to a lower class, the billing from the day of transfer will be applicable as per the lower class subject to the approval of the management.
- In case shifting to ICU, the room has to be vacated.
- Special/Deluxe/Super deluxe/Executive Suit class may be allowed to retain the room subject to availability. The room can be urgently required in case of any admission required to be done.
At Padmaja Hospital, your doctor will write a discharge order and inform you when you are ready to leave the hospital. However, our concern for your healthcare does not end with your discharge order. Throughout your hospitalization, our staff will be planning for your discharge and helping you prepare for any continued care required. It would take at least 2 hours for the various discharge formalities to be completed. As soon as the bill is ready, the billing department will call you in your room. You are kindly requested to wait in your room till then. Discharge authorization slip will be handed over to you only after settlement of final bills in the billing section. The nursing station, on producing the discharge authorization slip, shall give all reports and other documents to you; and please don't forget to sign in the register that you have collected all necessary reports from nursing station. Important Note
- Attendant passes are valid for 24 hours and relative passes are valid from 7.00 a.m. - 10.00 p.m.
- The passes should be returned to the Billing Dept. at the time of discharge. If the passes are not returned, a fine of INR X/- shall be levied.
- Patient attendant pass can be used for one visit to ICU between 10.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. or on call from Doctor. Relatives' passes are not valid for visit to ICU.
- Visitors are not permitted in any of the ICU/ICCU as the hospital has decided to restrict visitors to avoid disturbance to the patients, to ensure early recovery. Visitor pass will be issued on payment of INR X/- per person at the main gate of the hospital between 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Please insist for receipt for any payment made in the hospital. Payments should be made only at the designated cash counters.
- The hospital campus is a non-smoking area. Spitting, chewing of pan and tobacco is strictly prohibited.
- Please refrain from opening windows in all rooms. It is dangerous and affects the air-conditioning of the room.
- Patient's relatives are requested not to tip the staff.