Padmaja Hospital’s Department of Anesthesiology offers outstanding anesthetic care for the patients through highly integrated, collaborative group of anesthesiologists who are committed to providing world-class care to patients requiring anesthesia and intensive care. With our highly specialized doctors and most advanced medical equipments, you are assured of receiving the optimum patient-centered anesthesia care during your surgery. Before surgeries, our anesthesiologists conduct a patient evaluation to determine the amount of anesthesia that would be most appropriate for the patient. We also discuss the response to anesthesia, surgical procedure requirements and inform you of your options of each alternative. During the surgery, our anesthesiologists provide high-quality anesthesia services and ensure your safety as you administer anesthesia and monitor vital signs and body functions.
The various services provided by the department are:
- Obstetrical analgesia and anesthesia
- General anesthesia where you will be put to sleep while medical equipment helps you breathe.
- Monitored anesthesia/Twilight anesthesia care in which you will be sedated moderately
- Regional anesthesia such as spinal, epidural and regional block anesthesia
- Epidural anesthesia for laboring women
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography
- Administration of anesthesia in all subspecialties
- Diagnosis of acute and chronic pain syndromes
- Perioperative pain management
- Coordination of comprehensive pain management services
- Critical care
- Preoperative medical evaluations
- Management of acute and chronic pain
- Nursing and case management
- Medical management of painful conditions
- Spinal-infusion systems
- Spinal-cord stimulation
- Injections and nerve blocks
At Padmaja Hospital, your comfort and safety come first during any type of surgical procedure and our board-certified anesthesiologists and certified nurse anesthetists will take a leadership role in clinical capabilities during surgery and help speed your overall recuperation as smooth as possible. Our Department of Anesthesiology promotes a collegial atmosphere in which the anesthesiologists work closely with the surgeons and other specialists in Padmaja Hospital. We strive to make your visit with us as safe and comfortable as possible and provide expert and compassionate pain management to our patients. Our team of anesthesiologists shares a wide range of expertise that encompasses general, cardiac, pediatrics, vascular, thoracic, obstetric, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures delivering more than 25,000 anesthetics annually.