Padmaja Hospital Department of Physiotherapy offers unique and innovative therapy plans assisting patients to recover quickly from injury, surgery and disorder of the neuromuscular and musculoskeletal system. The physiotherapists at Padmaja Hospital evaluate, diagnose and customize the physical therapy treatment plan tailored to the individual patient's needs. The specialists use the newest techniques and tools available and help you regain your former levels of ability. Should you be faced with any challenging medical issue that might change the rest of your life, Padmaja Hospital can help you with the outstanding care. We use a variety of techniques to help your joints and muscles work to their full potential and speed up the healing process. We provide a broad range of Physiotherapy services evaluation, assessment, education, health promotion, injury prevention and consultation to patients who have recently been discharged from the hospital or are recovering from surgery.
The Department of Physiotherapy at Padmaja Hospital is modern and well equipped with wet-deck hydrotherapy pool, Rehabilitation Gym, Paediatric Physiotherapy area and the latest medical equipments to help the physiotherapists provide outstanding care.
Physical therapy services include:
- Speech pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Work-related rehabilitation
- Total joint, knee and shoulder rehabilitation following surgery or injury
- Treatment of low back and neck pain using traction techniques and muscle energy methods
- Stroke recovery
- Neuro rehabilitation
- Dysphagia treatment
- Foot and ankle rehabilitation for sprains, strains and post-surgery recovery
- Pediatric therapy
- Electrodiagnostic testing
- Soft tissue therapy for fibrositis, tendonitis, muscle spasms in neck and back
- Aquatic therapy
- Vestibular Therapy which helps patients overcome imbalance associated with disorders of the central nervous system
- Neurodevelopmental Therapy to treat neurological disorders.
- All musculoskeletal conditions, sport injuries
- Falls risk assessment and prevention
- Prescription of walking aids
- Safe and appropriate re-conditioning exercise following prolonged inactivity or hospitalization.
- Post-surgical home-based rehabilitation following discharge from the hospital.